Top 10 Best-Selling Cars in September 2014
As kids ended up back in school car shoppers were out in the droves buying new vehicles. Compared to September 2013 sales were up a whopping 10%! Here are the top 10 best selling cars for the month of September.
1. Ford F-Series: The F-Series continued it’s dominant performance selling close to 60,000 units in the month of September. So far this year the F-Series has sold 557,037 units which is surprisingly a 4% drop from last year. The F-Series is a full-size pickup truck from the Ford motor company which has been sold since 1948. The most popular seller in the F-Series is the F-150. It is the best selling vehicle in the US for the past 32 years and also the best selling pick-up for 43 years.
2. Chevrolet Silverado: The Silverado has sold 50,000 units in the month of september and 382,000 units for the whole year. This is a 5.9% increase over last years units sold. Compared to last year in September it resulted in a 54.4% increase in sales. The Chevy silverado is the identical truck to the GMC Sierra. They are a series of full-size and heavy-duty pickup trucks made by general motors. The term Silverado comes from the trim.
3.Ram Pickup:Ram pickup sold 36,612 units in the month of September. They have sold 319,000 units this year which is a 21.7% increase over last year. Is a full-size pickup truck manufactured by Chrysler Group. Ram was previously part of the DOdge lineup of light trucks. The name Ram was first used in 1981 on the redesigned Ram and Power Ram.
4. Honda Accord: Honda Accord has sold 32,956 units for the month of september. They have sold 304,382 units so far this year. This is a 7.9% increase over last year. Accord was the first car from a Japanese manufacturer to be made in the US. It was made in Marysville, Ohio at the Marysville Auto Plant. The Accord is one of the most popular cars in the United States and has been the best-selling Japanese car for fifteen years. It sold 10 million cars from 1991-2001.
5. Toyota Camry: Toyota Camry has sold 28,507 units for the month of September. They have sold 334,978 so far this year. This is a 5% increase over last years units sold. An automobile sold internationally by Japanese auto maker Toyota. It was first made in 1982.
6. Honda CR-V: Has sold 23,722 units in the month of September. They have sold 241,015 units so far this year which is a 5.2% increase over last year. Honda CR-V first started back in 1995. It was loosely based on the Honda-Covic and called a compact SUV. It is now called a Crossover as SUV sometimes carries a negative stigma. CR-V stands for “Compact Recreational Vehicle.”
7. Toyota RAV4: Toyota has sold 22,724 units of Rav4 in the month of September. They have sold 202,069 units so far this year which results in a 26.1% increase over last year. The RAV4 is an SUV made by Japanese automobile maker Toyota. It was the very first compact crossover SUV and debuted in North America in 1995. People wanted the benefits of an SUV but the acceleration and steering of an economy compact car.
8. Honda Civic: Honda has sold 22,263 Civics in the month of September and have sold 253,000 units all year long. That is a 10% drop from last year. The Civic is a subcompact car made by Honda. It was first made in July 1972 as a two door model car and has expanded ever since.
9. Ford Escape: Ford has sold 21,718 Escapes this year and 230,162 units for the year. That’s an 8% drop from last year. The escape is a compact crossover vehicle sold by Ford Motor Company since 2000. The Escape is the first SUV to be offered as a hybrid.
10. Ford Fusion: Ford has sold 21,693 Fusions in the month of September and 240,585 units. This is a 6.3% increase over last year in September. Was code named CD338 for the first generation of mid-size car made by Ford Motor Company. The 2010 model got motor trend car of the year. The hybrid version won the 2010 North American Car of the Year award.